Japanese Knotweed Excavation and On-site Relocation
Although the “Dig and Dump” approach is a well-known industry standard for keeping developments on-track where knotweed has been found, it’s not the only solution. On-site relocation is a fantastic alternative as it’s a more environmentally sound approach, is often quicker to implement and can save money into the bargain. And who doesn’t like saving money?!
On-site relocation is simple in essence - create a space on site where excavated Japanese knotweed waste material can be safely stored and treated with herbicides over time, leading to the eventual death of the infestation and giving you the freedom to utilise the area that was cleared.
It’s always worth considering on-site relocation of knotweed waste at the earliest possible stage, as it requires more planning than off-site removal and, of course, needs a suitable space to be made available. If workable, it enables site development to continue in an area that was once infested with Japanese knotweed while, at the same time, being less costly to the environment.
Some Important Considerations for On-Site Relocation of Japanese Knotweed
- Is space available to relocate the Japanese knotweed waste materials into a bund (soil mound)?
- Is that space suitable for both the development and its subsequent use?
- Will the bund be permanent or temporary, where will it be located and how large should it be?
- How will the bund be accessed for Japanese knotweed treatment purposes after the relocation has taken place?
- How will the bund be protected after the relocation has taken place?
- Strict hygiene systems must be adopted - you’re still dealing with controlled waste!
How PBA Solutions Can Help You
Developing a practical Japanese knotweed relocation strategy requires specialist knowledge and expertise. This is exactly what PBA Solutions can provide, having many years’ experience of identifying, removing and controlling Japanese knotweed. PBA Solutions is an accredited member of the PCA (Property Care Association), Constructionline, Safe Contractor and CHAS. Staff carry CSCS cards from the Construction Industry Training Board and our technicians are SSST (Site Safety Supervisor Trained).
Contact PBA Solutions for a free telephone consultation on 0203 174 2187 / 01202 816134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Japanese Knotweed
- Knotweed Mortgage Compliance
- Japanese Knotweed Guarantees
- Survey & Appraisal
- Management Plans
- Knotweed Control Options
- Identifying Japanese Knotweed
- Declaring Japanese Knotweed
- What we do
- Root Barrier
- Invasive Weeds
- About PBA
- Contact Us
Recent Blog Articles:
With the last frosts past and warm weather calling us out into burgeoning gardens,…
Mon Jun 5, 2017read more
The Avon Cycleway Challenge - C4U – Cycle for Uganda
As a personal challenge and to support a very well worth charity Jon is putting…
Tue May 23, 2017read more
Book a Free Commercial Site Appraisal
Excavation and Off-site Removal
Excavation and On-site Burial