They came, they grew, they conquered
Home / Invasive Weed Management
Invasive Weed Management
Invasive Weed Management
Invasive Weed Control
A huge number of non-native plants have been introduced to the UK over the years and, whilst many of these have enhanced our habitat, some have a negative impact on the natural and built environment and are listed in Schedule 9 of The Wildlife and Countryside Act (1981). Indeed, there is now an increased focus on promoting bio-security and regulation of invasive species. See PBA’s invasive weed management services below.
Because invasive weeds can engulf gardens and wreck our native ecosystems, they require specialist control and, in some cases, eradication. Common amongst these invasive weeds are Japanese knotweed, Himalayan balsam and giant hogweed.
PBA provides invasive weed surveys, management plans and consultancy along with effective treatment and control solutions for all invasive and nuisance weed species. Take a look through our website for more information on invasive weed management or simply get in touch. Call us on 020 3174 2187 or 01202 816134 or email us using email@example.com
All Schedule 9 plant species, including aquatic invasives, should be dealt with professionally. There are, however, many other nuisance weeds which are just as problematic and costly* for landowners, developers, local authorities and property management organisations.
*The cost of invasive non-native species (INNS) in the UK is at least £1.7 billion per year. Much of this cost is borne by the agriculture and horticulture sector, but many other sectors, including transport, construction, aquaculture, recreation and utilities, are also affected. Japanese knotweed alone is estimated to cost the British economy around £166 million per year”
Source: Non-Native Species Secretariat, 2010.
- Japanese Knotweed Specialists
- Knotweed Mortgage Solutions
- Japanese Knotweed Guarantees
- Invasive Weed Survey & Appraisal
- Invasive Weed Management Plans
- Japanese Knotweed Control Options
- Identifying Japanese Knotweed
- Japanese Knotweed Legislation
- Declaring Japanese Knotweed
- What we do
- Root Barrier Installation
- Invasive Weeds
- About PBA
- Contact Us
- Removing bamboo roots from your property
- An Expert’s Guide To Getting Rid of Bamboo
- 10 Benefits of Root Barrier Control Membrane Installation
- How root barriers can help to prevent the spread of Japanese knotweed
- Four Ways To Prevent Japanese Knotweed Spreading
- The best way of controlling Japanese knotweed