On-Site Burial - That’s a Wrap!
Excavation & On-site Burial
Japanese Knotweed Excavation and On-Site Burial.
On-site burial of Japanese knotweed is a technique recommended by the Environment Agency for as it diverts waste from landfill and is sustainable, quick and cost-effective.
It is recommended that knotweed burial is considered early on in Japanese Knotweed remediation programme to ensure that a suitable location is found.
There are two recognised and approved methods for on-site burial of Japanese knotweed, the first of which is to bury all of the knotweed-impacted waste to a depth of at least 5 metres. The alternative is to encapsulate the knotweed-impacted waste inside a buried cell constructed from an appropriate root barrier. The top of cell must sit at a minimum of 2 metres below finished level.
The advantages of on-site burial of Japanese knotweed are:
- Because the knotweed-impacted waste stays on site, it does not require licensed transportation and disposal
- It is often more cost-effective than using off-site disposal
- It complies with a Site Waste Management Plan (SWMP), applicable to construction projects over £300,000 in England
- There is a very low residual risk of future Japanese knotweed issues
How PBA Solutions help you
PBA Solutions have many years of experience in on-site knotweed burial, providing an end-to-end package or selected management services only, where the developer completes work using their own machinery under the watchful eye of a PBA Japanese Knotweed Clerk of Works. For both of these options, PBA will develop detailed management plans and also offer insurance backed guarantees.
For your peace of mind, PBA have accreditations with Safe Contractor, Constructionline and CHAS. Our staff carry CSCS cards, with all our technicians being SSST (Site Safety Supervisor Trained) qualified. PBA also retain the expertise of an independent health and safety advisor.
Call 0203 174 2187 for a free telephone consultation or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Japanese Knotweed Specialists
- Knotweed Mortgage Solutions
- Japanese Knotweed Guarantees
- Invasive Weed Survey & Appraisal
- Invasive Weed Management Plans
- Japanese Knotweed Control Options
- Identifying Japanese Knotweed
- Japanese Knotweed Legislation
- Declaring Japanese Knotweed
- What we do
- Root Barrier Installation
- Invasive Weeds
- About PBA
- Contact Us
- Bamboo removal advice provided by PBA on BBC Radio
- Online root barrier shop launched by PBA Solutions
- What are the implications of new RICS Japanese knotweed guidance?
- Expert Advice: Ragwort Control and Removal From Equestrian Land
- Removing bamboo roots from your property
- An Expert’s Guide To Getting Rid of Bamboo