CuTex - What is it for and how does it work?
Cutex Permeable Root Barrier
CuTex – The Permeable Copper Composite Root Barrier (previously called Bio-Root Barrier X).
CuTex copper composite is an incredibly versatile geocomposite permeable root barrier.
Having impressive properties being a tough physical barrier, yet flexible and permeable!
The only geocomposite permeable root barrier in production, CuTex, works as a biological barrier using a unique micro-perforated copper foil layer firmly embedded between two layers of geotextile (woven and non-woven). The copper releases an inert chemical signal to which roots are adverse, deflecting their growth away from the barrier.
This innovative root barrier is truly multi-purpose and suitable for many applications, especially where water and nutrient flow is important. Conventional root barrier often creates a ‘wet side’ once it has been installed which attracts plant roots. CuTex (Bio-Root Barrier X), alleviates this problem as it is permeable.
CuTex can be physically bonded to itself and to many types of building construction at foundation level, forming an incredibly strong seal against root ingress.
In the example below CuTex copper composite root barrier is being installed as a protection against tree roots from newly planted trees affecting neighbouring properties. CuTex can also be used to manage mature trees, invasive plants such as Japanese knotweed, and other situations which require a durable yet permable solution.
CuTex (Bio-Root Barrier X) offers;
- Geocomposite structure of CuTex makes it the most rugged, robust, and durable root barrier, suited to the most demanding construction environments
- Water permeable avoiding hydrostatic pressure issues
- Dual protection: high-performance barrier with both physical and biological properties
- Unique copper layer diverts roots away from barrier
- Easily joined by tape and prayer fold, or by heat welding, to create any size of barrier
- Flexible for easy fitting around services, foundations, trenches and ditches
- Economic installation, usually installed without additional sand or fleece layers which means lower installation cost and time on site
- 50-year service life expectancy to comply with EA recommendations (anticipated 100 year plus effectiveness)
Downloadable Info – Cutex Research Summary
|Resource||CuTex Root Barrier Research Summary|
Common usage of CuTex includes;
Japanese knotweed: physical barrier to property boundaries, vertical and horizontal installation, burial of Japanese knotweed
Trees: root incursion prevention, property subsidence remediation, protecting pipes and services underground
Available in complete roll sizes of:
5.2m x 50m,
5.2m x 25m
2.6m x 50m
2.6m x 25m
Or cut lengths in multiples of 5m
A special heavy duty Joining Tape is available, as well as installation instructions for CuTex permeable root barrier. Please ask for details.
Call PBA Solutions the appointed distributors for CuTex, permeable root barrier, on 0203 174 2187 or 01202 816134 for a down to earth chat
- Japanese Knotweed Specialists
- Knotweed Mortgage Solutions
- Japanese Knotweed Guarantees
- Invasive Weed Survey & Appraisal
- Invasive Weed Management Plans
- Japanese Knotweed Control Options
- Identifying Japanese Knotweed
- Japanese Knotweed Legislation
- Declaring Japanese Knotweed
- What we do
- Root Barrier Installation
- Invasive Weeds
- About PBA
- Contact Us
- Removing bamboo roots from your property
- An Expert’s Guide To Getting Rid of Bamboo
- 10 Benefits of Root Barrier Control Membrane Installation
- How root barriers can help to prevent the spread of Japanese knotweed
- Four Ways To Prevent Japanese Knotweed Spreading
- The best way of controlling Japanese knotweed