Relocation, Relocation, Relocation!
Excavation and Onsite Relocation
Japanese Knotweed Excavation and On-site Relocation
Although the “Dig and Dump” approach is a well-known industry standard for keeping developments on-track where knotweed has been found, it’s not the only solution. On-site relocation is a fantastic alternative as it’s a more environmentally sound approach, is often quicker to implement and can save money into the bargain. And who doesn’t like saving money?!
On-site relocation is simple in essence – create a space on site where excavated Japanese knotweed waste material can be safely stored and treated with herbicides over time, leading to the eventual death of the infestation and giving you the freedom to utilise the area that was cleared.
It’s always worth considering on-site relocation of knotweed waste at the earliest possible stage, as it requires more planning than off-site removal and, of course, needs a suitable space to be made available. If workable, it enables site development to continue in an area that was once infested with Japanese knotweed while, at the same time, being less costly to the environment.
Some Important Considerations for On-Site Relocation of Japanese Knotweed
- Is space available to relocate the Japanese knotweed waste materials into a bund (soil mound)?
- Is that space suitable for both the development and its subsequent use?
- Will the bund be permanent or temporary, where will it be located and how large should it be?
- How will the bund be accessed for Japanese knotweed treatment purposes after the relocation has taken place?
- How will the bund be protected after the relocation has taken place?
- Strict hygiene systems must be adopted – you’re still dealing with controlled waste!
How PBA Solutions Can Help You
Developing a practical Japanese knotweed relocation strategy requires specialist knowledge and expertise. This is exactly what PBA Solutions can provide, having many years’ experience of identifying, removing and controlling Japanese knotweed. PBA Solutions is an accredited member of the PCA (Property Care Association), Constructionline, Safe Contractor and CHAS. Staff carry CSCS cards from the Construction Industry Training Board and our technicians are SSST (Site Safety Supervisor Trained).
Contact PBA Solutions for a free telephone consultation on 0203 174 2187 / 01202 816134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Japanese Knotweed Specialists
- Knotweed Mortgage Solutions
- Japanese Knotweed Guarantees
- Invasive Weed Survey & Appraisal
- Invasive Weed Management Plans
- Japanese Knotweed Control Options
- Identifying Japanese Knotweed
- Japanese Knotweed Legislation
- Declaring Japanese Knotweed
- What we do
- Root Barrier Installation
- Invasive Weeds
- About PBA
- Contact Us
- Case Study: The removal of Staghorn Sumac and garden remediation
- Bamboo removal advice provided by PBA on BBC Radio
- Online root barrier shop launched by PBA Solutions
- What are the implications of new RICS Japanese knotweed guidance?
- Expert Advice: Ragwort Control and Removal From Equestrian Land
- Removing bamboo roots from your property